Founded in 1937, Mopar provides motors, parts, and auto services. Uconnect, from Mopar, is an award-winning connected vehicle platform for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, and Fiat automobiles. The system offers drivers and passengers user-friendly navigation, connectivity, and entertainment features. Overall, it saves you time as it guides you to your destination.
That being said, regular car maintenance is essential to extending the life of your vehicle, avoiding car trouble and accidents, and saving money on repair costs. And part of this maintenance is ensuring your navigation system is up-to-date. Fortunately, we’ve put together a guide on how to do this. You can upgrade the software or take your vehicle to a trusted dealership for assistance. Read on to learn how to update your Mopar navigation system.
How to Update Your Mopar Navigation System
To update the navigation system in your Mopar car by yourself, you can order map updates and other related products from the Uconnect Navigation Store. These products are manufacturer tested and approved. Follow these steps to complete the process successfully:
- Search for available updates on the Uconnect Navigation Store website by inputting your Mopar vehicle’s make, model, and year into the search box.
- View the details and features of new available updates and products, and check to see if they’re aligned with your navigation system. Each product page outlines the map coverage region, new road data, and installation directions.
- Choose which updates you want to buy, proceed to the checkout, and pay for the products online using the website’s secure payment platform.
- Visit the online store’s Help Center to ask questions, check order information, or receive further installation instructions.
Installation instructions for map and navigation product updates vary based on your vehicle’s make, model, year, and application version of the system. That’s because each update is customized to the specific system in your vehicle. Read the online directions carefully to ensure you order the correct software. You may need to navigate your Uconnect system to check the application information. You may also need to update your Uconnect software before starting the process of purchasing and installing a map update.
Updating your Mopar navigation system can be complicated. If you don’t follow the right steps or choose the correct map updates, you risk damaging the entire Uconnect system. We recommend taking your vehicle to a dealership to avoid this unpleasant scenario to get these navigational updates. You can rest easy, letting trained professionals handle this essential auto maintenance activity. Plus, you’ll be able to save time instead of spending hours updating the system on your own.
Why Update Your Mopar Navigation System?
There are several benefits to updating your vehicle’s navigation system. Just like getting frequent oil changes, updating your navigation system is vital for maintaining your car. Here are some reasons to keep this software up to date:
Add Important Data to the System
Map updates include new, important information about roads and other geographical elements in your navigation system knowledge. In general, updating your navigation maps can add the following data to your system:
- 64,238 miles of new roads: Naturally, new road data, coupled with accurate speed limits, can decrease the time it takes to get to your destination. It can also generate better routing options, ensuring you know where you are at all times.
- 716,867 new restaurants: Due to fluctuating economic conditions and other circumstances, restaurants always open and close. Update your maps regularly to have up-to-date information about the best road trip diners, fast food drive-thrus, fancy eateries, cafes, and other dining spots available to you.
- 160,063 ATMs: you might need some cash whether you’re passing through toll roads or shopping in some other way. Updating your Uconnect system can give you access to a huge number of ATMs throughout the country.
- 149,494 fuel stations: Of course, searching for a nearby gas station is one of the primary reasons you might use your Mopar navigation system. Update the system consistently to ensure you have the correct data about available fuel stops.
Keep the System at Optimal Performance
Map updates often come with software updates, which can eliminate bugs and other issues in your navigation system. Just like updating your smartphone or computer, updating your navigation system can improve its operation. Using the vehicle’s navigation system instead of a handheld device can enhance driver safety and driving experience.
Keep Yourself and Your Passengers Safe
Maintaining your Uconnect system can help prevent data security issues and secure occupants’ privacy and safety. This is especially true if there are any safety recalls on Mopar software products. In case of recalls, your local dealership in Lewisville is here to fix everything immediately so you can get back to the road in no time.
Update Your Mopar Navigation System at Huffines CJDR Lewisville
Here at Huffines CJDR Lewisville, we’re experts in maintaining Mopar brand cars. We’re your trusted Jeep and Dodge dealership in Lewisville, Texas. We carry a variety of authentic Mopar parts. So whatever maintenance you need, we’ll do that to your satisfaction. You can also order parts online using our convenient digital form. If there are any Mopar recalls, we’ll know about them. Check your recall information on our website and schedule an appointment to get everything handled immediately. We want you to be as safe as possible.
As you can see, there are many reasons to update your navigation system regularly. But this process doesn’t have to be challenging or stressful. Here at Huffines CJDR Lewisville, our team can help you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on our top-notch customer service and are ready to exceed all your auto needs. If you have any questions about your Mopar navigation system map updates, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can also check out our service center to make an appointment for an oil change, tire rotation, or other critical auto services.