When you get a Ram vehicle, one of the best features is the center console which runs a service called Uconnect. With this, you can use a wide range of features from navigation to playing your favorite music. This adds a level of convenience and entertainment that takes your Ram to the next level. However, to get the most out of it, you have to do a little initial setup. Below, we’ll walk you through the process of adding apps into your Ram so that you have access to its best features.
What is Uconnect?
Uconnect is like having your own personal assistant within your vehicle. It’s a feature that’s available in Ram vehicles that allows you to do things such as contact roadside assistance, start your vehicle remotely and find your vehicle. You can even conduct voice searches to find things like great restaurants in the area. Uconnect is the service that runs inside your infotainment system and it’s what you’ll use to download and use apps inside your Ram.
Download Apps into Your Ram from the Dashboard Touchscreen
There are a few simple steps you need to follow in order to download additional apps to your Ram. They are:
- Register for Uconnect – The first thing you need to do is sign up for an account with Uconnect. There are several ways that you can do this. One option is by talking with a Uconnect Car agent, which you can do by calling them. The other option is to register yourself by using a device connected to the internet. Registration is simple and shouldn’t take you long to complete.
- Add a payment method – If you’d like, you can use this moment to add a payment method to your account. Some features require having a payment method on file, such as setting up a WiFi hotspot or purchasing some apps. Adding the payment method now will save you from having to do it in the future. If you’d like to add the payment method later, you can visit moparownerconnect.com to edit your account.
- Open the Apps Menu – Once you’ve registered with Uconnect, you can then add more apps by first going to the “Apps” menu on your vehicle’s touchscreen. This button is typically located on the bottom-right of the main screen. Make sure the vehicle is in park and the radio is on before completing this process.
- Open the Uconnect Store – Next, you can open the Uconnect Store to find apps. In the Apps menu, select Tools, followed by Uconnect Store.
- Purchase Your Desired App – With the Uconnect Store open, you can now purchase the app you want. Tap on the desired app and the menu will bring you to a page to download or purchase the app. Select your purchase option, then review the purchase before finalizing your selection. The Uconnect system will then charge your default payment method that you have in your account. To complete the transaction, you will need to enter your Payment Pin, which you established during your account creation.
- Wait for Download – After completing the purchase, you may need to wait for the app to download. Apps can typically take up to 30 minutes to download to your vehicle, depending on the size of the app and the strength of your internet connection. If your download takes more than 30 minutes, you should contact Uconnect Care by pressing the Assist button on your rearview mirror.
Download Apps into Your Ram from the Web
It is also possible to download apps to your Ram using a mobile device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Register for Uconnect – If you haven’t already, you’ll need an account with Uconnect. You can do this easily by visiting moparownerconnect.com. You can also do this over the phone by using the Assist button on your rearview mirror.
- Sign In – Start by signing into your account on moparownerconnect.com. Use the username/email and password you selected when creating your account.
- Visit the Shop – Once logged in, select the menu item that says “Shop” on your dashboard. From there you will see a link to the Uconnect Store.
- Select Your Apps – Inside the Uconnect Store, you can browse through the available packages, features, and apps available for your Ram. Go through your options, select the one you want, then click on the Purchase button.
- Wait for Download – After you purchase the app, the download will be sent to your vehicle. It may take up to 30 minutes for the download to complete.
Get Started with Ram Apps Today
Adding apps to your Ram vehicle is a great way to add some additional features. You’ll be amazed at how easy some things become, such as sending a text with your voice or locking your door from hundreds of miles away. The registration and download process only takes a short time, after which you’ll have these advanced features for as long as you want.
If you’re having some trouble downloading apps into your Ram, please feel free to contact Huffines CJDR in Lewisville. Our expert team knows everything there is to know about Ram vehicles and we can help you get set up in no time at all. We can even talk you through some of the benefits or features you may not be aware of, such as the available smartphone app that gives you access to your vehicle, allowing you to get more out of your Ram than you thought.
Of course, if you don’t own a Ram vehicle yet, we can help you with that too. We are always getting new Ram vehicles in stock and would be happy to help you find a Ram vehicle that’s right for you. While these apps add some great features to Ram vehicles, there are plenty of other benefits that we’d love to discuss with you.
No matter what it is you need, don’t hesitate to call Huffines CJDR in Lewsiville. Our staff is standing by, ready to answer any questions you may have or help walk you through the process of installing apps in your Ram.
Image from Pixabay by lbrownstone